Please be informed that we have received the information from the Academy of European Law (www.era.int) about the Young European Lawyers Contest 2024.
Participants should register by using this link: https://applications.european.law/en/Registrations/Apply/223DT161
Deadline for registration: 1 December 2023
Conditions for participation
- Language: Participants should have a very good working knowledge of English.
- Young lawyers: Participants should be trainee lawyers and newly qualified lawyers (in their first year after qualification). The same person cannot be nominated twice for the contest 2021-2024.
- Costs: Participation is 170 Euro unless the bar has a specific agreement with the ERA. Coffee breaks, lunches and dinner are included.
Accommodation and travel:
- Participants will receive a fixed contribution towards their travel and accommodation expenses and will be asked to book their own travel and accommodation. The amount of the contribution will be determined by the EU unit cost calculation guidelines, which are based on the distance from the participant’s place of work to the seminar location and will not take account of the participant’s actual travel and accommodation costs.
- Successful applicants will be sent the relevant claim form and information on how to obtain payment of the contribution to their expenses.
|Start of registration||10 October 2023|
|End of registration||1 December 2023|
|Publication of the list of registered participants and team members put into contact with one another||20 December 2023|
|Teams to receive topic for semi-finals||10 January 2024|
|Teams to submit written report semi-final||20 March 2024|
|• 18-19 April 2024 National Association of the Romanian Bars (UNBR), Bucharest
• 25-26 April 2024: Regional Lawyers’ School of the Grand Est (ERAGE), Strasbourg
• 27-28 May 2024: Academy of European Law (ERA), Trier
More detailed information is available here: https://younglawyerscontest.eu/ and in the brochure attached to this email.
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate contacting the ERA: FHartmann@era.int